COVID-19 Protocol for face-face consultations
As a practice we want to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our staff and patients who come into our clinic. In order to achieve this, we are putting the following measures in place:
- Minimise the number of therapists working in the clinic at any one time. Limited to 3 per day
- At the start of each day the door handles, desks, beds & all surfaces through patient accessible areas will be thoroughly cleaned. This will also take place regularly throughout the day.
- Increased time slots between patients, to minimise the potential contact of arriving/departing patients. If a patient requires another person to drive them to the clinic, then we would ask that the additional visitor to remain in the car rather than the clinic waiting room. Minors are to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Where possible patients are to be encouraged not to enter the building any earlier than 5 minutes before their scheduled appointment time.
- Hand sanitiser is available for use on arriving and leaving the clinic
- The therapist will wear PPE (as advised by Public Health England) for the duration of the treatment session. The therapist will also use best practice hand hygiene before, during and after treatment. Single use paper towels to dry hands.
- The fabric couch covers will be removed, and tissue will be used instead along the length of the bed.
- After treatment the bed, desk & door handles to the treatment room will be cleaned using sterilising wipes.
- At the end of each clinic the treatment room, patient toilet, waiting and reception area will be cleaned using sterilising fluid.